“Opening Day” on August 15, 2011 kicked off the school year for Joplin School Teachers, Staff and Volunteers. The event was capped off by this video collection of personal messages from Joplin High School alumni and Joplin expats from across the country and from around the world! Even Barry Manilow, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum and 3 Doors Down joined to celebrate Joplin’s return to school and to say thanks to all teachers and staff for their selfless service and dedication to Joplin’s youth. #eaglepridenationwide #eagleprideworldwide
Never Forgetting. Always Connecting.
Joplin Expats will always remember our time in Joplin, as well as the challenges the city has been through. We will continue to help by remaining connected from remote locations to do everything we can.
- Remembering, Honoring and Helping – An informal List of Ways to Help
- Joplin Expats receive Best Educational Website award from the Missouri State Teachers Association
- Project JOMO to donate the first shelter in the Joplin Expats’ Cycle for Joplin and Expats for Shelters program
- Joplin Expat Chip Gubera and the story behind A Tornado Story
- President Obama speaks to current and future Joplin Expats
- Global Moment of Silence for Joplin